www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Beware off Terrace !!!

Default Beware off Terrace !!!

Tried to do a little scouting this A.M. And went off the Terrace. Walked the first pressure crack (only 3 FOW ) but dropped through quite easily. Drove the crack and saw no safe place to cross. If that pressure crack is sloppy, I'm sure others are too! Just a heads up!!! Sammer!!!

Thanks for the report Slammer! I'll be on spring break next week and fishing everyday. Maybe I'll see ya out there!

Default Crossing

Was out there all day Saturday and crossed the crack several times with a quad pulling a sled. There were 2 good spots to cross, both of which had wood laid down across the crack. You could see through it on Sat. morning. If you're planning on heading north, you're good to go once you cross the crack. South or more than 2/3 of the way to the east is another story and we had a hard time finding a spot to cross the other crack that sweeps from the south up to the northeast. Helped to follow tracks.

As far as the fishing report, we got 2, a 26" and a 23". But we were also out there for 12 hours, so pretty disappointing. Had some lookers on the camera that wouldn't go. Mixed it up and moved several times, but just couldn't get on the active fish. Was trying to avoid the community meat hole Chris referred to, but we probably should have just sucked it up and joined the crowd. Not very busy out there at all Saturday, which was surprising.

So, the landing just south of Gladstone is north of the terrace correct? I'm headed there tomorrow morining from Marq. I was kinda hoping to drive my truck out there. I messed up my wrist last week and want to concentrate on Drillin and Jiggin and not dinkin with the snowmobile and haulin gear. Is it safe there?

Thank you
    Streve