www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishery

Default Fishery

Ty: Was just looking at a creel report that was conducted in April, 2010 on the east side of The Chip. I found the results to be both encouraging and a little alarming at the same time. During their study they netted a total of 29 muskies all of which measured 30" or more. Of this total 7 (24%) were 42" or bigger and 10 (34%) were 40" or larger. Pretty impressive stats. Was just concerned that
    there were no fish netted under 30". Does this tell us something about the survival rate from natural reproduction or the ability of stocked fingerlings to survive. Was just curious how you found things on
    the water and if you released a number of smaller fish (<25") this past season. Based on this study along with the 50" size minimum I would think things bode well for larger fish being seen and caught in the future...was just thinking about 5-6 years down the line.

Enjoy the winter fishing...soft water is just around the corner!
    Chuck

Could you provide a link?

Smaller muskies are a weird thing. It's hard to find them regularly. In the spring they are easy to find and then the rest of the year you don't catch many or see many.

I'm not too concerned about the study not finding any small ones. Last season we caught more small ones than I have ever seen. Should be some good years coming up.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com