www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: perch

Red face perch

Made it out today for a few hours. 1-5. I drove off Kipling launch and headed north to the pressure crack. Set up in 15 ft. Had wigglers and 2 inch minnows. The perch definitely took to the minnows over the wigglers. Most were small. Managed to ice a few nice ones in the 7-9 inch range. Had around 18 inches of ice. Dusting of snow. Best presentation was a small glow teardrop with a smaller two inch minnow hooked through the tail about 6-8 inches off the bottom. Action was fairly steady as far as bites but only landed a dozen or so with 4 keepers. Marked fish all day. I hope this helps someone out. All in all it was a good day. I also had one tip up set the whole time with a 6 inch sucker. Never went up. Oh well maybe next time.
    Always better than a good day at work!!

Also I would take a jigging rap and pound the bottom with it for a few minutes then jig it aggressively about 3 ft off the bottom as an attractor. Seemed to work. After doing this is when I'd see some of the bigger perch. When the bites seemed to slow down, I'd do it again. Good luck and be safe.
    Always better than a good day at work!!

Thanks for the report!