www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bragging may not bring happiness

Default Bragging may not bring happiness

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large Walleye goes home through an alley.

I don't get it.................

I think what he is trying to say is that it's not nice to brag but if he catches a large walleye he will be bragging about it.....

Actually a quote of some famous guy on fishing, I took liberty of changing fish with walleye. Just means if you catch a dandy its hard to keep quiet.

Given the last few days topic of moving in on others spots this quote from Ernest Hemingway is apropos...

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~ Ernest Hemingway ~

Sharp hooks and lively bait, boys...

Default Close!

No lie about someone looking over your shoulder! The worst place I have ice fished is the Menominee river by the Hattie St. dam. I got there early to get a spot and set up my flip over. Before I was sitting on my chair some yo-yo was drilling so close to me the exhaust of his auger was flapping my shack fabric! There was all kinds of space to drill but he picked right next to me. I could have pulled my window down and touched his shack! I had a picture on my old phone,wish I still had it. By the way... Didn't catch a fish.

Boy do I hear ya Billy... and probably was a hole within a foot of the new one drilled... That place is like swiss cheese and guys will show up at prime time and crank up the drill. I used to go down there and were only 3-4 respectful guys (a few years ago) Fishing was great and nobody crawled up ur a##. Now 30guys on 40 ft. of ice.. I don't bother anymore..