www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tuning lures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've messed around with Pacemakers a bit, but always go back to the orig set up. Tried a cut 7/0 hook shaft from a Cowgirl for the clicker hook... it had a cool thunk, thunk, thunk...but I never raised any on it like that except maybe one strike. Sometimes if they don't run right or seem to tangle, just open the cup of the blade a little...or do that to change the sound.

Suicks I've bent all over the place. I like that lure a lot, but really hate when a good one gets knocked out of tune.

Got a Slammer crank with the thin wire leader attachment that's out of tune from a small fish. I'm kind of fed up with that lure...It didn't run right to start, then got it tuned, caught a fish & now it's messed up and won't troll again-it keeps popping up sideways on the surface. Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to track to the side. For a plastic lure, it's pretty finicky. My other one runs fine.

I try not to do too much "improving" unless the lure totally sucks and has never had action.

I tune most every bait from time to time. Suicks almost always need tuning right off the bat. Pacemakers I tune according to the wind to make it pop more of less(less in the wind and more when it's calm). Creepers I mess with a lot. Bucktails I bend in front of the blade if they spin a lot. Gliders are the one bait I don't do much with.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com