I'm just wondering what some of you do for dinners on longer fishing trips. Our usual routine involves each guy preparing dinner for the entire cabin for one night and then the task moving on to the next guy the next night, then the next, etc. for the rest of the week. That way on a week long trip in a cabin that holds 6 people, you are only cooking/cleaning-up a big meal one night (the 7th night is usually steak night on the grill or frozen pizza night or something) and the rest of the meals are prepared/cleaned-up for you the rest of the week. Breakfasts and lunches/boat food are on your own for each boat.

The meal I have prepared for a few years is in a crock pot so it is ready for anyone that would come in from early evening on into dark. Who knows where you might be when the fish start moving at prime time and you have to leave because it's your turn to cook...bummer! I usually do the following for my day to make dinner:
Swedish meatballs in gravy in large crock pot
microwave mashed potatoes
peas or green beans
bread/butter
Served on good quality Chinette type paper plates, plastic forks, plastic cups (did I mention I don't do dishes on vacation?)

I'm just wondering if anyone has any other crock pot ideas that I could use to change things up on our LOTW trip this July.

Let the recipes fly!

Jeff