www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Help in finding an old jig that I can't find anymore.

Question Help in finding an old jig that I can't find anymore.

Hey everybody,
    Thanks for inviting me into being a part of this. Back about 15 years ago I used to do a lot of speckled trout fishing down here in Florida. The #1 jig I had amazing results with was a "Popper" that consisted of a clear piece in front that had a line coming off the back of it to a feather jig lure behind it. You'd cast out and jerk it and it would make a popping sound, and the weighted jig head would go to the exact place where the clear piece just was and you would just keep doing that until you got it back to the boat. I caught some Monster specks using that. Well, I joined the Navy and have only done just a little bit of fishing here and there since, and now I'm looking to get back pretty heavy into fishing again. Only problem is, I can't find these dad gum popping rigs ANYWHERE. If anybody knows of a place where I can get them/order them I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

-Houston Oyler
    St. Augustine, FL

Houston,
    I am going to reach out to some friends in the industry down in Florida to see if we can find anything out on this.. If this turns out to be some long discontinued product, another option may be to see if you can have something similar made up for you, we have quite a few members here in the forum & across our network in the lure mfg business, from musky lures, to guys who tie flies, and even a leader mfr. While were waiting on a reply, maybe you could draw up a little diagram of what this looked like, with as many side notes with details you can & I can run it past a few guys who may be able to put something together for you.

Quote Originally Posted by houston.oyler View Post
    Hey everybody,
    Thanks for inviting me into being a part of this. Back about 15 years ago I used to do a lot of speckled trout fishing down here in Florida. The #1 jig I had amazing results with was a "Popper" that consisted of a clear piece in front that had a line coming off the back of it to a feather jig lure behind it. You'd cast out and jerk it and it would make a popping sound, and the weighted jig head would go to the exact place where the clear piece just was and you would just keep doing that until you got it back to the boat. I caught some Monster specks using that. Well, I joined the Navy and have only done just a little bit of fishing here and there since, and now I'm looking to get back pretty heavy into fishing again. Only problem is, I can't find these dad gum popping rigs ANYWHERE. If anybody knows of a place where I can get them/order them I would greatly appreciate it.

-Houston Oyler
    St. Augustine, FL