www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Here is where we are going

Default Here is where we are going

Subject: pretty much pegs the stupid meter

Click here: International Dark Sky Park - Emmet County, Michigan http://www.emmetcounty.org/darkskypark/

A freshmen representative has decided it's necessary to introduce a bill mandating a virtual blackout in the northern lower peninsula to reduce ambient lighting so as to enhance star gazing...apparently he has an idea this activity will generate tourism dollars and make Michigan a premier destination for dark sky star gazing?? OH...and NO PARK PASS NEEDED...SWEET DEAL!!

Companion legislation is set to be introduced by State Rep. Frank Foster, R-Petoskey, to require the state property to avoid ambient light that dilutes stargazing in more populated areas. Foster, who is the chair of the House Natural Resources, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Committee, said his bill will require state parks and forests to avoid using any unnecessary lighting, and require that new lights be as nonobtrusive as possible.

Lends rationalization as to why mothers in the wild occasionally eat their young...

LMAO! your right about pegging out the stupid meter!!

I have met with Senator Foster and think he may be willing to listen to "the other side of the story" on this. I would encourage people to contact his office and let them know what you think. Interests in Petoskey are probably a little different than in our area.

Have fished with Captain Keith before as well---when I worked for TV6 and was filling in for Buck on Discovering. Great advocate for the Bay area and hope this issue can be straightened out by supporting his lead on this. Senator Casperson's office would also be a good point of contact on the issue, as Tom leads the committee on natural resources issues. I'll make a mention of this the next time I talk to him and Dale McNamee would be a good liaison as well.

---Benji

badwaterbaits.com