www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bilge Pump Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would just add an automatic pump, now you have two. It's easy to run an extra hose and fitting. You then wire the auto pump hot all the time. Two are better than one!!

The problem with leaving the auto bilge on hot all the time is when you take on a little water and the bilge kicks on all the time but really isn't removing any water. It's better to have an off switch for this reason and then turn your auto on at night if you leave your boat in the water. I actually cut my auto switch on the Rangers I had because I had trouble with the float sticking. That is the reason I would go with the three way switch instead of a two way switch. Just my two cents.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Not sure I understand why a 3 way would be better; if the float sticks on auto won't the pump turn on anyway? An on/off would do the same thing; you just need to remember to turn switch on at night or when raining as it will only run when water is present. You need to screen your openings so junk does not get in the pump.

Chip Vet, I know. I get so much sand from washing the carpet down the floor drain that it makes the float stick. Pain in the butt.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com