www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2/1/12 Report

Default 2/1/12 Report

Panfish are still at the top of the hot bite list in the Phillips Area. Bluegill action is still good on most lakes, the gills have moved into a little deeper water and are being found in 8 to 15 feet of water. Spike or Waxie tipped jigs are still the best producers along with fish coming on plastics. The crappie action is good as well, I haven't been doing good in the normal high pressure areas so I have been moving around and have been getting on a pretty good bite. Most of my Crappie are coming on deadsticks with a minnow. I have also been doing well on plastics, switching colors as the bite slows. The walleye action still is slow but anglers are reporting some catches in deeper water right on the break. Pike action is still consistent with most fish coming on tip-ups and Golden Shiners.

Pictured is a Ross's Sport Shop Client with a 14 inch Crappie caught on one of our trips, Also pictured is my deadstick set-up.

2012 Summer and Fall Guide Dates are filling fast!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnk14crappie.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	15585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deadsticksetup.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	15586  
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

John:

How much snow you got on your ice??? It has gotten pretty bad over here and am thinking about driving your way hearing that slush isn't nearly as bad a problem as it is over here in Minocqua.

Mark

Mark,
    We only had about 6 inches of snow on the ice, there are some areas where the snow drifted around shacks that there is some major slush but for the most part its only an inch or so of slush so far.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

Not so over here, you can find places to fish, but you are dealing with snowmobile trails or packed areas with lots of foot traffic... Looking for areas without so many folks so close by...
    Thanks for the report.

Mark