www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Be Careful out on the ice!

Default Be Careful out on the ice!

Another truck went thru the ice off Butlers Island this afternoon.
    Be careful out there!!

Wisconsin plate?

Why do people keep driving around Butler's Island--now or ever?? Still waiting for the inevitable "someone went through at Saunder's Point" post.

Good grief.

No it was not a WI plate. It was pretty much straight off the landing and a little to the right. It was very close to where the other truck went in the other day. Now there is a really big spot where they pulled it out. I don't understand why they don't mark it once they pull a truck out of the ice. We all know where the pressure crack is and where to cross at due to someone who was very nice to mark that clearly. There is now 2 spots with open water there. I understand they need to make money but they should also look at the safety of others granted we are all a little "nuts" for driving out there lol. Once they pulled the truck out someone was going straight towards it with a wheeler and he had to flag the guy to go to the left instead of marking it. What happens to the next guy that goes that way???? Luckily everyone involved was ok and the guys who pulled it out did a great job and didn't take that long just wish they would mark it for others.

Default What?

ok, any local would know not to drive a rig that way, or in any direction towards butlers island. if u are from another state ask the bait shop when u are getting bait, the girls at the bait shop will be more than happy to tell ya where to go, or where to stay away from! As far as the wrecker company, they dont want to be out there to begin with. they have to put there rigs and equipment and people out there to recover these vehicles. why is it there responsibility to mark areas?

Ive read before the recovery company isn't allowed to mark the area....if they do then there liable if anything happens after they leave. Pretty dumb if ya ask me!

Thanks for the info on the marking of the area. That is a very good reason why they would not mark the area. I just wanted to let every one know that there is 2 big areas out there now. Please be careful.

The area has been marked with Christmas trees now. I would stay a ways away from the trees.

But then again there are people out there that will sue you at the drop of a hat. I don't blame them for not marking it.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Hey Arn, Iv'e been told by the DNR that they dont dare mark 1 spot for fear they will get sued for ANY spot they miss.