With the new snow fall travel has become difficult on area lakes. Ice remains in the 10-13 inch range with a few lakes showing 13 plus inches. I am still advising not to use trucks on the lakes, stick to 4 wheelers and snowmobiles. We are also seeing some slush areas on the lakes. Walleye bite has slowed a bit but still going good around sunset, focus on 12 feet of water or less. We have been getting fish out from the weed edge to inside the weeds lately. I am still staying with small shiners or suckers under a tip up set 6-12 inches off bottom. We are also getting walleye jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head which has been a lot of fun. The key here is to drill a lot of holes in the area you want to fish and use your electronics. These fish have been very reluctant to move or “cruse” the area so it is important for you to go to the fish not wait for them to come to you. Northerns have been very active and aggressively feeding on most days in 10 feet or less. Weed edges have been the most productive followed by large weed beds. Tip ups rigged with a medium Shiner set above the weeds has been getting the most attention. But here again I have down sized hooks and leader material to get the most out of my time on the ice. Number 10 hooks and 6 lb mono leaders have been putting all of my fish on the ice. Steal leaders and traditional hooks in the #4 size have been getting ignored. Panfish have been active in the deeper water 15-30 feet suspending in the water column. Small jigs tipped with a wax worm or spike have been good. Electronics have been a must to get these fish on the ice. Stay mobile and think like a fish no matter how weird it gets.
Good luck