www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chicago Musky show and swap meet

Default Chicago Musky show and swap meet

Another show season over I scored on some Jakes at the swap meet 2 cowgirls 2 Flashers Big Daddy and a storm Flat stick at the show. The real story was
    the new Shimano Tranx and yes I will have a High speed model. Who in their right mind would throw Copper Black Cowgirl?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swap meet_1.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	15479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show lures_1.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	15480  
    Last edited by musky3; 01-22-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Me,I thow it a lot.Big story behind that color from my guiding days.
    Oops,wait,I'll stop.I don't meet your threshold.Sorry.

just pulling your chain

Its winter time so lets hear that story behind that color from your guiding days

I think all I'd better say is that it was a father/son deal and the one that used black with copper blades was the winner.I might add though that if you are throwing that color in a bass sized spinnerbait pre season,you likely will catch more than bass.Ditto in August on the rock/rock shelf bite.This from a guy that doesn't think color matters that much.??Confusing??

dp...i know of a number of people who suggest "downsizing" during late summer/August, including Jack who preached it to my brother during OM 1.
    do you have a theory about this?

I guess I always thought speed was the key when it came to late summer. Used smaller baits to achieve the faster speeds maybe I had it backwards???

Yes,and no.Does that help?
    Some burn baby bucktails then.Some throw small twitch baits.So do I sometimes.Seldom any more though.Double 10s and big Jakes seem better for big fish on most waters by way of comparison.
    Always doing what you always did means you'll likely get what you always got.No wait,Always doing what others did means you'll always get what others got.No wait,well just do something I guess.
    My theory is Ford?Chevy?Maybe Toyota.I went Toyota.That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.