i've heard from folks who have used the Tranx, both testing demo models last year and during the contest at Chicago. so this is not my personal experience, but their observations have been pretty consistent:

- the high-speed reel ("HG" version) will work best for really burning smaller baits such as double-8s or picking up slack on dawgs, etc. the high speed gears mean that for burning double-10 bucktails it's painful on your hands/arms. it cranks 43" of line per turn, which is similar to the Trinidad and people underfilled the Trinidad because bringing double-10s in that fast was too difficult even with a powerful reel.

- the lower geared reel ("PG" version) still generates 30" of line per crank, so it is plenty quick. it is much easier to retrieve due to the gearing advantage, and if you're willing to spin the handle it will burn in double-10s fast enough to blow them out of the water without breaking your arms off. it's got the power of a Calcutta TE but faster line pickup.

once they're available i'll be picking up one of the lower-gear-ratio "PG" versions as a double-10 reel.