www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: starting point

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by icepirate View Post
    I would reccommend using common sense when driving on ice. Following the tracks of another truck may only get you wet or dead. This was the case last year as 2 trucks went in off of Butlers Island. One went in because he followed the tracks of someone else who made a bad decision. Please take the time to learn where it is safe and get off the ice early if you have no experience on it.
    True. Then again, I'd never drive a vehicle around Butler's Island--ever--no matter what kind of tracks there were around it. And also correct about the nasty pressure cracks. You drive off the second yellow gate and you won't get far before you hit that pressure crack.

Thanks for all the advice, If our group is anything its cautious, and sensible. We will not be the first ones out in a truck, and we always plan on making it back (but I guess everyone does) With that said: Does anyone have fishing location advice? Even if you could let me know where you would try if you were going? Do you guys perch fish deep typically or shallow? I understand its fishing, but with limited time available I was just hoping someone could eliminate a bit of the legwork. If I don't bring home a fish fry one of these years my wife will really get suspicious.

YooperTroll,

I have not been able to get out this year but was thinking about heading this weekend, and definately understand that it is always bad when you go around butlers (watched a truck go in a couple years ago). I was just wondering how it was going over the top of butlers and then out ( any other bad pressure cracks heading north to the east side of center or across to the east bank)? I would really appreciate the advice. Also how bad is the crack off the yellow gate, are you able to navigate with a four wheeler safely. Thank you in advance for any info.