www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1-13 Fishing Report

Default 1-13 Fishing Report

D & S Bait & Tackle
    Gene Dellinger

Web Site: http://www.dsbait.com

I don't see many individual reports here but I come take a look every week so I would like to contribute. I started off Saturday (1-14) hoping I could get on U-bay. The only way I have ever gotton on this ice was by parking by picnic point and taking the trail to the first accessible water. When I got there all I found was slush. I then went to the southern triangle. Ice was fine, 3-4 inch range but I stayed in the middle, steering far away from RR birdiges. I only caught two small bluegill so after a while I left. I thought I would give Wingra a chance since I have never caught anything there and some evening crappies might be fun. I parked at knickerbockers and headed left and tried to find the vicinity of the weed edge. From 1:30 PM or so until a bit after sundown I had constant action pretty much everywhere I drilled holes. Unfortunately there weren't keepers coming my way but it was fun catching perch, bluegill, and crappie. I did not want to keep crappie anyway but once I caught a few perch I was crossing my fingers. I think my largest was 6-7 inches though. Still, Wingra proved a fun place to fish and I had the area to myself - on a Saturday.