www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: aggravating !!!

Angry aggravating !!!

how aggravating is it when at 4:45 a group of guys 6 or 7 i guess come out and drill holes until 5:30 or so? Soon as the fish show up on the vex, the auger starts up. Sorry just venting i guess!

I had the same thing today. Grrrrrrrr
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

frustrating isnt it tomjohn? when everyone is fishing the farthest south they can right now and there is 20 people there cause they cant go anywhere else; yeah it gets frustrating!

I think I have a good idea of where you were fishing because I was getting a little aggravated myself listening to those people drilling holes right through prime time.

Everyone has the right to go out and fish which requires drilling holes. Maybe these guys just got off work and wanted to go fishing, maybe they couldnt get out any sooner to drill there holes.

I highly doubt these people purposly went out and said lets drill a bunch of holes just to scare the fish away. I know if Im able to get out and its a little later im gonna drill holes so I can fish.

Think about that next time you want to complain about someone else fishing, its probably the only time they had left for the day.

point taken! i highly doubt all six guys had to work till 4:30 but whatever. maybe i could pre drill there holes for them next time!

That's about it. We all just trying to have a good time.
    Offer to help cut a few holes for him to cut time down.
    Just might meet a new fishing buddy and get a beer

Good luck guys.......

Well this guy set up not 20 feet from me. Do you know how BIG BBDN is!!!!

I get the thing about people getting out there when they can...so I don't have a problem with people coming late and drilling holes. It is what it is. Okay.

But I don't get doing that AND setting up and drilling 20 feet from a person when there's a half-square mile of ice.

I mean it: literally 20-30 feet away. Wtf? Hey, newsflash: I don't know what the I'm doing, either. You drilled a few feet from me at primetime, I hope to God your ass got skunked to

Cool drillin holes

OK, heres the plan next time... wait till they scare em away, then jump on the quad and drill a 1/8 mile circle around your spot; if your right about drilling they should be under your shanty when you get back...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perch, saturday10.29.11 002.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	15399

Not sure that we were around you or not, but my fishing buddy and I ran out of gas trying to find the fish. We hooked up with a couple of guys we know and they let us use their auger to drill some holes for the evening bite. We were about 40 yards from the nearest shack. Without the help we would have to go fish a spot that we were not real confident in. Buy the way we drilled holes caught 5 small eyes and a bakers dozen small perch. They all went back into the water to be caught at a later date. Had a great day even with all of the work. Thanks for the help Josh and Scotty.

I usually get along with everyone and will help out and give tips ...Buy 20 feet!!!

Default I'm with tomjon

Theres lots of ways to look at this problem, however. Who starts looking for fish at 5 in the afternoon? I have had the same thing happen to me several times and it is usually to set up way too many tip-ups, not for depth checks or arks.

Yep, Happens all the time and IMHO foolish. Huge area to spread out and be able to fish without disrupting anyone's fishing. Hey sometimes I understand a late start but then move away and try that spot for the evening. I am certain all that don't have a problem with it wouldn't like a jetski running circles around their rig while they are trolling. It's the same difference to me and just common courtesy to giving some distance to someone enjoying a peaceful time.