www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: ice by the campground

Default ice by the campground

Just wondering if someone who fished by the gstone campground tonight would tell me how much ice they had tonight. Not on the new ice but the stuff that has been there for a while.
    Thanks

Thumbs up Get the power auger ready

In the same spot I had 4 inches last Friday, I measured 7 inches tonight. Even with a Lazer auger, it was a workout just drilling 3 holes, (hard ice.) I'll be bringing the Jiffy next time out.

Bite was much slower tonight. Didn't mark many fish, and the ones I did mark weren't very active. No bites for me tonight. Bummer cause the sunset would have made for some good fish pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-4 sunset 006a.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	15350  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Thanks for the report! Even though the fish didn't cooperate. I was hoping to hear that about the ice. Sad to think I just put gas in the auger this week as the mora has been sufficient so far!

I'm relieved that I wasn't the only one skunked tonight! Ditto on what Chris said: not many marks and the ones I did mark weren't interested. I tried just about everything in the tackle box.

I didn't measure...but it seemed around 5 inches where I was at.

At least that friggin wind wasn't blowing tonight.