www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend ice reports?

Default Weekend ice reports?

Anyone go out ice fishing this weekend (Dec. 17-18)? Inland lakes? Where's the ice and how much. Thinking about heading out early this week if there's safe ice somewhere.

So let me get this straight: I type a headline that is a question and it's obvious what it is. Yet 300+ times it gets clicked...and nothing.

I mean, what did you THINK you were going to find if you clicked on the thread? Naked pictures--especially you folks who obviously clicked on it more than once?

This site always entertains.

just goes to show how anxious we all are for a report. Yes this site is always entertaining.
    Always better than a good day at work!!

I can only speak for myself, but here goes...I only fish in the warmer months, I don't ice fish, don't keep track of ice conditions, don't really talk to many people who ice fish. But I sorta like this site so I visit every day or two, even thru the winter and read new posts, no matter what the titles are. I still like to hear how people are doing. Is it ok that I look but don't reply? How do you know some looked more than one time? Does it matter?
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

I'm just having some fun with everyone I should probably double-down on the emoticons

I have heard there's good ice on the inland lakes.

I was at a couple inland lakes today and did see a half dozen people out on one and just tracks on the other where people had pulled sleds out.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Trust me, there haven't been enough people going out to get much in the way of reports, yet. Sounds like around 4 inches on the upper bay. Been hearing at least 6 inches on the inland lakes.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Just got in from hitting the ice, had 8.5" on an Iron County lake. One eye and a perch on the cutting board for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjohn View Post
    I was at a couple inland lakes today and did see a half dozen people out on one and just tracks on the other where people had pulled sleds out.
    You catching anything yet, TJ? From what I'm hearing from those who are getting out, it's a little slow yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_joker View Post
    Just got in from hitting the ice, had 8.5" on an Iron County lake. One eye and a perch on the cutting board for this guy.
    Thanks for the report. It does sound like there's good ice on most of the inland bodies of water.

Not yet...I checked out a couple places yesterday. A couple guys and I are going to try Garden Bay tomorrow.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Default Inland ice

Went over to the west on a a lke that we first met on and was a good solid 8" of ice fishing was slow got only 2 gills a small pike and a few small perch. maybe next time !