www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice fishing report 12-10-2011

Default Ice fishing report 12-10-2011

Hi everyone,

Lots of fish caught today. Unfortunatly most were small. Three of us put 20 Walleyes and 32 Perch on the ice. Only one keeper Walleye and kept 3 Perch. Only one flag on the tip ups between the three of us. Almost nonstop action jigging. Big Mick put in two new tip ups that set the hook themselves and had a lot of flags that we weren't to sure about. He wanted a hair trigger but might have set them to light. He did get a nice 10 " Perch on them tho. Otherwise we had a lot of fun jigging. It's been a long time since I saw the fish come in and go right to the bait and hit. We also lost a lot of them.

On the tip ups we had sucker minnows. Jigging we had waxxies, mousies, and used minnow heads on spoons and jigging raps. It started out cloudy and cold with a strong west wind. After a few hours the sky cleared, the barometer went thru the roof, the wind died down, and it got colder. Sitting in my new portable shack with my old dependable heater I didn't feel the cold.

Even tho we had three nights below zero last week, the ice didn't get to much thicker. We had 4" at most. We started out planning on going across the lake to a long sand bar. As I spudded ahead of the ATV driven by Ron I discovered the ice wasn't enough to support the ATV, so we backed up toward shore and followed that around to were we wanted to go. The snow is still insulating the ice pretty well. But we fished the structure we wanted and it turned out to be a good spot. This time of year is not the time to run and gun so I try to fish high percentage spots. tommorow Mick and I will fish the same spot. Report later on that. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safty first.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	15207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Machines stay on shore.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	15208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shanty city 12-10-2011.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	15209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One keeper out of 20 caught 12-10-2011.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	15210  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.