www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice fishing report for 12-04-2011

Default Ice fishing report for 12-04-2011

Hi everyone,

As expected with the 6" of snow we recieved, the conditions were sloppy today. there was at least 2" of water underneath the 6" of snow on top of the 3" of ice. The weight of the snow pushed water up thru every hole and crack in the ice. the more water that came up, the more weight on the ice. All this made for very sloppy conditions but the fish didn't mind. I wound up catching 4 Walleyes and some Perch keeping just one Walleye. Caught one Walleye on tip ups and all the rest of the fish were caught jigging. Had a shinner on the tip ups and caught the fish on the jigging rod with a spoon tipped with a night crawler. I just happen to have some night crawlers left in the fridge, so I figured what the heck. They worked good so now I'm going to keep trying them as long as I can get them.

We have cold weather in the forecast for the week so I look forward to better ice conditions next weekend. Hopefully can be more mobile. Also want to fish some of the other bigger lakes around here. Will need a machine to get around in order to find the fish. Hopefully will get back on the Big Chip by Christmas time. Good luck fishing everyone, and be safe.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First ice keeper of the season 12-04-2011.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	15190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice still thin 12-04-2011.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	15191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looking for fish 12-04-2011.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	15192  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.