www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: St Clair Nov 18-20

Default St Clair Nov 18-20

Fished St. Clair last Fri-Sun. We fished the Belle river to red barn area all 3 days. Strong south winds made boat control difficult but we trolled the 8-10 ft zone close to shore so the wind wasn't too bad. Friday we went 4 for 6, 41" biggest, Saturday we went 4 for 4, 44" biggest, and Sunday we went 5 for 5, with 46" & 47" biggest. Lots of 35-38" fish too. The close to shore action is still working for anyone wanting to get in a late season trip to St Clair. Bigger baits, like 8" Tuff Shads, 8" Belivers, 10" Jakes have worked good for me.
    The Thames river has been poor this fall. I haven't caught a fish in the river this fall but I haven't spent much time there either. There have been a few decent days for some but there have more poor days overall. The Thames river is always a second choice place to go if the wind makes the lake unfishable.
    Jon Bondy has been getting lots of nice fish for his clients in the Detroit river jigging Bondy baits. He has put many over 50" in his boat this fall.
    Good luck,
    Mark

Mark,
    I am heading up on 12/1 to fish with Jon Bondy in the Detroit river. As you mentioned, he has caught some very large fish over the last few weeks, with the biggest being 56". I hope to catch a big one. Hopefully, I will have something to post!

Thanks,
    Greg

www.xtrememuskielures.com

Good job Mark. I seen the pics and they are fattening up real well. Doesn't look like I am going to get up there this fall. Good luck Greg.