www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fish Report Sunday 11/6/11

Default Fish Report Sunday 11/6/11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellen1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	15056
    As you've seen, we have a load of fun whenever we go out. There's always some kind of new adventure to share afterwards. Here's a little serious fish report stuff in case you'll be fishing the Eagle River area the next few days...

Water temp on the ER Chain is running between 41-42 degrees overall.
    I've been getting fish on glide and crank baits in 3-7ft of water, always wherever there's weeds. I've caught one fish on a live sucker this autumn and 9 or 10 fish on artificials, such a lopsided stat that when fishing myself I don't even bother with a live sucker rig and save myself the 7-8 bucks a sucker costs. Plenty of fish being caught by guys on sucker rigs and I'll be using them again also, it's just one of those years for me. Hell, I may try using a sucker rig again today...

One note: There's been 2-3 baits working for me lately, I'll choose one to throw and stick with it for hours on end instead of going into bait changing mode. If you have a bait that works, use it, this is the short feeding window time of year. Most the time your bait/presentation is fine, you're waiting on the fish.

Going to head out a bit again today just to see if the current pattern is holding, I've seen this shallow, cold water, bite on the ER Chain before, happens almost every year. Perhaps I'll do an "away game" today and see what I find on a clear water type of lake.

Matt, saw you out Sunday I got a 38" in the bay on a phantom
    Jon R