www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 10/31/2011

Default 10/31/2011

The walleye fishing on the north end of the lake is pretty good right now. Fishing in the weeds with bobbers and suckers has worked out well. I also have been able to hook up pulling cranks out in the deep water.

Some nice perch are being taken while fishing for the walleye. If you wanted to target them you should try down sizing on the bait and I think you could have a good day of perch fishing as well.

You only have a short period of time to enjoy the open water before we have to wait around for good ice.

If anyone is interested in booking a trip during the remainder of the open water season you can give me a call at the resort.

Have fun on the water and be safe,

Tim
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Hey Guys,

How are the ice conditions on Gogebic? I'm planning on some ice fishing the weekend of Dec 17. I would think ice should be safe by then???

Unless they get a lot of snow... I did hear they were fishing Bergland Bay earlier this week, but there were no motorized vehicles or shacks being used at that time. We are fishing in the Minocqua area on 3-4" of ice, but still had open water on the largest lakes (Tom, Trout, North Twin) in the area as of the later part of the past week.

Mark

Fellas,

Anybody having luck with walleyes on Gogebic? Just spent 3 days on the west shore and didn't catch a walleye bigger than 13 inches. Lot of really small walleyes too.