Angler's staying at Oak Haven in September and October enjoyed warm days that were often breezy. I was able to get out a few times myself and enjoyed fishing with some of these friendly people. Most of us landed some Pike in the 26-30 inch range, Walleye between 13 and 22 inches, plus Crappies at 10-14 inches.

In our recorded fishing contest this year, our biggest Crappie was landed back on May 15th by Don Brawner. His 14 incher looked like it was going to hold up as this year's champ, but a gentleman from Eastern Iowa named Steve Hoff landed a 14 inch Crappie on October 14th. (So it's a Tie!) Steve was here fishing with his brother-in-law Brent Scholtes. The two of them especially enjoyed some good Crappie Fishing. To see pictures of some of these late fall catches, please click on the Photo Gallery tab at the top, then click on 2011 Fishing Pictures. Late fall pictures are on pages 6 and 7.

Surface water temperatures are around 45-49 degrees. I will continue to try to get my Lund boat out on the water until it's just too cold. But for now, air temps are still 44-50 degrees and there's places to get out of the wind that hold a variety of fish. I don't always need Walleyes to be happy. My favorite fish...always has been...the one that's biting.