www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big Chip report 10-29-2011

Default Big Chip report 10-29-2011

Hi everyone,

Bright sunny day, but COLD! Looks can be decieving. But the fishing made it all worthwhile. Today I was doing what I always do, fish for Walleyes and by golly All I caught were Walleyes. With the exception of a 31" Northern. No Crappies, or Perch. Kind of wierd almost. I caught 4 Walleyes and kept one. I kept throwing the second one back so I could legally keep fishing for Walleyes.

Caught all fish on jig and minnows jigging. None on the bobber rig or 'shot gun' rod. I caught all in the deep wood still. I even tried three weed spots and no fish at all. Wonder if Musky's were real active or something else was happening in the shallower areas. The water temps are down to 47 degrees with the air temp in the 30's and 40's all day with little or no wind from the west. Supposed to rain and snow tonight with an accumilation of an inch of snow. Can't wait! Tommorow more snow and rain. I hope this is one of the many times the weather man is wrong.

Of interest is when I filleted the Northern, it had a 91/2" Perch in it's gut. I posted a pic. So I quess that means I did catch a Perch too. I used a 31" Northern for bait. I quess I better get my longies ready for tommorow. I don't mind the nasty weather if the fish bite. We'll see. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slightly used Perch.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	14976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Time for the knife.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	14977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31 inch Northern.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	14978  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.