Hi everyone,

Fished for a few hours yesterday under the heavily clouded skies untill it started to rain hard. It started out as a light rain, but then came down pretty hard for the rest of the day and night. Wind was fairly light from the west and it seemed to be good weather conditions. But looks can be decieving. I caught a bunch of nice Perch, but no Walleyes. Not even the Crappies were biting for me. I drifted three deep woody snag areas with jigs and minnows losing lots of jigs and catching nothing but perch. Did not see to many fish on the locator either.

When I got back to the landing in the rain, A creel sensus gal was there to measure and count my fish. She told me that two guys were fishing LGMBass and were upset because all they caught were a bunch of Walleyes. HMMMMMM. That tells me that the Walleyes are making a transition to the weeds. The forage must have moved into the weeds finally. With the heavy overcast sky I should have tried a few weed areas. It pays to experiment and I didn't. There are not to many green weeds now so it should have been easy to find some active fish. Anybody coming up, try the weeds and let me know how you do.

The water temps remained at 49 degrees and the air temps were high 40's. The rain made it feel much cooler and should cool the water down even further. Lot less boating traffic now so it's a good time to be fishing. Call me or email me and we can work out a half day trip for Walleyes, Crappies and Perch. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx