www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tournament Results?

Default Tournament Results?

Anyone know how the muskie tournament went this past weekend? I had my dad and uncle come down to do some crappie fishing, and that didn't go well for us on Saturday. So Sunday morning we went out for 2.5 hours to muskie fish and my uncle got a 39" on fig 8, and we raised two others including a PIG.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

I don't know how the tournament went, but I had a high 40's fish eat a small white bass that I was reeling in shortly after the tournament was over. I had it hooked up for a couple of minutes before it pulled free. I didn't see any caught while I was out.

My dad and I won with 3. Caught them on Sunday-35, 44.25 and 47.5. Only saw 1 fish Saturday. We saw 9 fish Sunday, 1 on double showgirl, 4 on dc9, 4 on ss shad. All 3 caught were on ss shad. A couple of the fish we saw were 45 plus. For the tourney, 15 caught on Saturday and 6 caught on Sunday.

Fish count was lower than normal for our fall tournament. 33 teams caught 22 fish. We usually end up with at least 1 fish per team. 15 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. Winning team had 3 including the largest fish for the tournament, a 47" er. Everyone reported lots of lookers but having trouble getting them to bite.

Next club event is our Veterans Day Outing on Saturday, November 12th. Everyone is invited to come out and participate.

Larry

Congrats Momuskie!

Chad, I had the opposite experience. Got my little fishing buddy out of school a bit early on Friday to run over and fish for the few hours you get before dark anymore. One trailer in the lot at the creek and one boat pulling out. As we started to head out quickly we counted 7 boats chucking muskie baits in the creek. I completely forgot about the tournament. I was feeling hugely relieved that I threw a few crappie rods in the boat just in case. We decided our best bet was two run out of the creek and hit a few spots for the papermouths (despite the two gentleman at the ramp telling us that they hadn't been biting for the last several days). Turned out well, as we caught a bunch of nice keepers.

Anyway, in one of the bays we fished the muskies were working the shad over. I figured the number of boated fish for the tourney would have been better (last year's range). Taking nothing away from Momuskie's effort, with a great fish to boot!

I've seen alot of fish early this Fall and no doubt there are some Pigs waiting to be caught. I'm expecting the next several weeks to be alot of fun.

Hey Chad, how about a couple of pictures from the Summer when you get a chance?