www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Telling it like it is

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by perchoreno View Post
    Amazing how much preachifying goes on these days on what were once fishing threads.

Your spiel sounds pretty good mr Brennon but it kind of falls apart in the face of the facts. This pair of birds were evidently fishing without licenses. How much education do you think they need exactly? Because, well, considering the incident as a whole, they are dummer than a box o rocks.

Why do YOU think they call em F.I.B.s????

Duh?

You mean "dumber"?

Default Peace be with you

Thank you MR. BRENNAN,
    There are a very few locals that live on the TFF that do not like out of state tourists. There probably are some low life's that won't buy a non-resident license, but our tourist money keeps Wisconsin residents from coughing up $276 per person in higher taxes per year. [based on your state dept. of treasury]
    I recently visited the Hayward and big Chippewa this fall and found the most friendly business, resort owners, residents and working staff of people there........ goodbye TFF and IRON county.
    My two year old from Arizona that visits me up there will not ever get to know the place granpa used to fish with Joe Popko and Joe Gullem. I think we even kept an extra 'eye' without guilt--- nor a flowage full of perfectionists.
    Have a wonder ful Christmas, MR. BRENNAN. We think alot a like.
    Tom from Iowa

Mr. Wildcat, there's a violin playing for you somewhere. Enjoy the Hayward area. We'll see who misses whom.
    Mr. Brennan, if somebody blasts a doe out of season in your front yard what do you do? Just mind your own business? Since there's a warden behind every tree you can leave it up to them. Or maybe find out where the shooter is from? I suppose if they're non-residents it would be O.K. and you can educate them on the rules. After all non-residents don't need to know the rules. All they need to do is show up and spend money and they can do whatever they please.

Tourists=good.
    Poachers=bad.

I wouldn't consider them poachers. If they were, they would never have brought the fish back for pictures. Your shooting a deer in your front lawn example isn't on the same level, they weren't using dynamite. I agree that there should be no excuse for not having a license, but the lady didn't know that when she called the Warden. She was simply being nasty. Call it what you want. It's the same as if she saw 8 beer cans in your boat and called the warden to report you for being drunk, not knowing if those were old cans or not. Can't we all just be politicians?

Also, just read police blotter regarding the report that they issued a ticket for a illegal license..don't know what that means..maybe resident was purchased. However, it also states that the lady tried reviving for over 1 hour. Why didn't she simply tell them to put it back in the water? It's gills were moving, water cold..probably would have made it. Why did she have to even handle it? I believe her attempted release killed the fish. Moving it back and forth will drown a fish. Maybe she needs to be educated in the proper release method. Again, just stay out of other peoples business. Next she will be hanging around the dock and counting your empty beer cans.

Default Free Walleye dinner at The Midway

It's a tourist again. [ol'wildcat]
    Mr Brennan--------- I'll meet you there for your all expense paid dinner for you and wife, just so my wife and I can get to know you.
    You seem to be one of the local residents that are truly appreciative of the tourists up there.
    We might even know each other after my 40 years plus of coming there. Many residents are our friends---------- including Shane and Mollie.
    Musky Mauler, floating dock--------you must be lonely--------
    And yes to the violin playing------- hope our paths never meet.