www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big Chip report for 10-22-2011

Default Big Chip report for 10-22-2011

Hi everyone,

I spent the afternoon fishing yesterday and the weather was beautifull. By the time I got out it was warming up into the 50's with bright sunny skies and a nice moderate NW wind. Started out anchoring, but decided to drift some woody, snaggy flats at 17'-20' with the perfect wind. Caught lots of Crappies and kept 12 for the pan. Also caught a SMBass and two small walleyes right at dusk that I released. They were only about 11-12". Toward the evening the wind had died down and it was completely calm.

I caught the Crappies on 1/8 ounce jigs with walleye minnows and they averaged 10-11" with the biggest at 12". I caught the Walleyes on 1/16 ounce jigs with tiny Crappie minnows. Go figure. Most of the crappies came while I was drifting and the Walleyes came while I was anchored. The water temps were still at 49 degrees. With the weather change today, the water might cool off some more. I'll be finding out. It is raining right now, but I'm hoping that it stops by the time I get to the landing. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waiting for the knife.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	14901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box full of Crappies.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	14902  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.