www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: To all that may know the answer...

Default To all that may know the answer...

Hey Fellas was curious if anyone knows if there is a special formula or system that they follow with the Best Fishing Windows... When the best times they will feed and all that Jazz..

Would appreciate any info on it... Really curious on how to figure the fishing windows,

Thanks for any info

Special Formula- " time on the water,12 hr days, water temp, air temp, winds, forage, patterns
    Best Fishing Windows- " Open the Window and get out there"

Cmon Man!!!!!
    " OPEN THE GATES OF HELL AND LET THE
    BIG GIRLS OUT."

Oh I realize that... Little more to it than going out and hoping to find a musky...

Not really...

Predicting when "activity (feeding) windows" open is like guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar. That's why I said, "not really." The previous reply is pretty much right on. Get out there and get a bait in the water.

To answer your question...

Lots of documentation and studies exist around the relationship of the sun and moon to activity levels. Lots of it really helpful. Lots of it rubbish. And as every decent angler knows, weather/local conditions trumps just about any guess as to when and how long activity levels will occur.

Boiled down to a simple advice...

1. 1/2 to 1 hour before and after sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset. (When the two events overlap all the better.)
    2. 3 days either side of major moon phases. (People will tell ya all sorts of stuff about different quarters...just note the full moon and its opposite).

That said, fish when you can and keep a bait in the water (especially when the barometer is cooperating) and like the rest of us you can "hope to find a muskie." Try to fish days around major moon phases. Be on a prime spost around key times during the daily cycle (sun and moon/rise and set).

Default Thanks!

Apprectiate very much on the tips Hawkeye.... Everyday out there is for sure a learning experience. About like out here on the Intercoastal waters as a Towboat Pilot... Last 4 years I have for sure became a musky nut!! LOL.... Very much appreciative when I can get tips from a seasoned angler. I am a local to Kinkaid but it can be a very interesting lake to make something happen... I'm going down the line to pin point just how to make it happen.

Thanks again for your acknowledgment on my question..