Hi everyone,

Fished for only a few hours yesterday. The wind conditions were much the same as the day before, even worse. Howling out of the NW again at 20-30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. I tried a bay that I thought should be fairly well protected, but even that was rough. My anchor would just drag. To much wind to drift even with drift socks, Just one of those days. I was able to get the anchor stuck on a weedy hump, so I fished that and caught a couple of Perch and a Bluegill all on jig and minnows. I did see a musky on the surface just finning around. A smaller one in the 30" class. Was a cool sight. I think that the Walleyes are out in the deep wood structures yet. But no way to fish out in the open with the 3 foot breakers rollimg thru.

The water temps went down to 54 degrees, from 56 degrees the day before. Air temps were in the high 40's to low 50's with a partly cloudy sky. It feels like fall. Turn over in the deeper holes should be complete now. The forage factor will now lean more and more on being minnows and YOY fish. I did see a bug hatch on friday night, but they should really start to be on the decline as the water temps get colder and colder. That is why I wanted to fish the deeper structures with wood cover.

There are a few deeper water wood areas that now will be available for all the fish in the lake to feed at. With turn over complete in those areas, now the oxygen will be sufficient to allow all the game fish to invade the deepest wood structures. I did see dead weeds in the weedy areas that I fished, so all the minnows from the weeds will have to vacate the dead weeds for the deeper wood cover. That will hopefully make for some good fishing for the rest of the fall in the deepest wood cover. I have been fishing deep wood all summer, but now I'm talking the really deep holes. 30 feet and deeper. It can be a challenge to fish that deep, but with my system I am able to do so with out any problems. In my book "The Walleyemaxx System", I explain how to fish the post turn over pattern in detail. To order your copy of my book click on this link. http://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php. My book is loaded with good info on catching Walleyes consistently. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx