www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky report

Default Musky report

The last 2 outings have produced nicely. I boated a 45" and a 41 1/2" in a 3 hour outing last weekend. Both fish were caught on phantom softails. No action on the suckers. I also had 2 other fish come up and take a look. The water temps were 57 degrees. We were out this morning and had another very successful trip. The water temps dropped almost 10 degrees from last weekend. Erik Whitburn was fishing with me today. His wife bought him a day of fishing for Christmas last year and we were finally able to use it. It was a late present but Erik was rewarded with his best musky to date. He caught a beautiful 49"X23". According to Musky hunter the fish came in at just shy 32 1/2 lbs. Congrats to Erik and a great Christmas present. The fish came on a sucker today. The fish hit it and dropped it. we stayed in the area and about 5 minutes she came back and just smashed it. He had another chance about an hour later, again on the phantom, but that one did not stay pinned. Either way a 49" in the boat is an awesome day. Congrats to Erik on a great fish!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49 release.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	14856  
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com