www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report 10/13

Default Musky Report 10/13

The pattern appears to be changing right now, with many shallow water fish moving to the deeper weed edges the past few days. I saw three nice fish over forty inches yesterday, including a mid-forties that almost ate my Medussa at boat side and then followed my Super AP jerk bait back on a throw back, jaw popping and s-curving the whole time. She just wouldn't commit and eat. I did catch this feisty 38"er on the Medussa along the deep weed edge as a small consolation. I have a streak right now where my last four fish in my boat have been right at thirty-eight inches, and I do not like it!! Need to break out of this slump soon. Water temps are at 59.9 as of yesterday, but this hard cold front that has just settled in here will change things quickly.

Time to break out the suckers! I am currently working on getting large suckers in stock at my Gander store here. Should have them by early this week at the latest. Good luck on the water!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01684-web.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	14853  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

Tom:

Been fishing your namesake through the week without a lot of success in areas from shallow, shallow to the deep edges all on that Big Sandy corner which seems to be showing the most baitfish on the edge as of late. Got out last night for a short period after work and before the Brewers got into too much trouble, then they got into way too much trouble!!! Fished one weededge just out of the wind, then went down to another spot in a little more wind. With the opening on the west side and the wind coming out of the NW, made for boat control to be a bit harder than I cared for I called it about 8:00. Water temps have gotten down to 57.5* on the west side of the lake. Seems that it might just be time to make the move to the smaller cooler lakes for the time being to get out of the turnover funk. Get one of those things that are bigger than 38!!!

Mark