www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A little help

Default A little help

Upgraded to a bigger Lund boat this year for my trip to Little bay in two weeks. The boat has a battery switch on it next to both starting batteries. If i'm hooking up a charging system do I connect it to one battery and put the switch on two or hook it up to both batteries. Any help would be appreciated. Water temps seem a bit high this time of year.I will be up there in 10 days and 18 hours... Lookin forward to spending the whole week in the worlds greatest place.

Thanks,
    Cliff.

check the directions but i would go directly to the battery if its a two bank charger. most chargers read the charge on each battery and adjust the charge sent when fully charged. if you go thru the switch you may over charge. most fishing boats only have one starting battery and the other is for the trolling motor.

Bruce,
    Thanks, there are no directions that came with it. I think i might have led you wrong. If I hook up my Minnkota dual bank charger to both batteries (they are starting batteries) and they are both hooked up through the switch to run parallel if needed for extra power for electronics on boat. The switch has a 1 or 2 or both and a off also on the switch.
    Thanks again,
    Cliff.

I have mine wired to each of the batteries and leave the selector switch in the off position when the charger is plugged in. If I have the boat in a slip I will leave the switch on only one of the batteries when the charger is plugged in. I know you didn't ask but when out on the water I leave the switch on only one battery. That way if you run it down you still have a fully charged battery in reserve at the flip of the switch.

Default Thanks

Fishoil,
    That make sense,I appreciate the help. I can't wait till next Saturday to get UP there.
    Thanks again and have a great day,
    Cliff.