www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing report for 10-8-2011

Default Fishing report for 10-8-2011

Hi everyone,

Got a late start today but wound up with a nice mixed bag of Walleyes, Crappies, Bass, and Perch.Caught fish right away than there was a big lull. Just as the sun hit the tree line, the Walleyes started banging away. In a brief flurry I boated four Walleyes and lost one at the boat. I kept one that measured 15" and released all the others. They were all basically the same size. Caught a mess of Crappies keeping six and kept two Perch.

Caught everything on minnows. Jigging and slip bobber. Caught Crappies at every spot I fished out in the deep wood. Got the Perch and Bass out deep too. The Walleyes I caught in a new spot I discovered last week but didn't get a chance to fish it. It is a 12 foot bar that has wood and rocks on it that drops off into twentytwo feet. I saw fish suspended around it and caught the alleyes on top of it. Those are the most active Walleyes I've seen for awhile. I'm going to keep an eye on that spot.

The weather was absolutly gorgeous. Warm with a filtered sunshine. The air temps were in the low 80's to high 70's. the wind was strong out of the Southwest, but felt good with the hot sunny day. The wind was strong enough that it prevented me from fishing where I wanted to most of the day. I had to find places out of the wind. Toward evening it still was brisk, but I was still able to fish my new spot. The water temps started out at 59 degrees and were 60 when I called it an evening.

The fall colors are now past thier peak, but the weather is forecasted to be warm for awhile yet, so be sure to make some time to come up and enjoy the northwoods. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Good mixed bag 10-9-2011.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	14826  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.

just got back after a fantastic week of weather and fishing-no walleyes but plenty of crappy bass and northerns, previous post you mentioned the mud bogs-there is one in tyner also toward chief lake,someone threw a small crib on it so you can see the profile a little easier hope your new walleye spot works our for ya -happy fishing

Default Question

Max,
    Bought your book and am pleased with the info (3/4 finished). This from a guy that is 61 years old and have been a reader of Bill Bilkelman, Fishing Facts (in the 70s), In Fisherman, and others. Mostly like the tips on jiging, forage location, and general location of walleye.

I do have a question. When you talk about deep wood (I fisk the Chip. when I can get up there) I get confused. Randy at Jenk's talks about deep brush, but I never see anything on my locator that I would consider brush or wood.

I have seen new bogs pop up (east side) that have small stumps and pices of wood, not what I would consider wood or brush. Could you help me understand this issue?

Thanks
    Keith

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you report Lost another anchor. The Crappies and Perch have been providing a lot of action. By the way, I almost lost another anchor on Sat. Went around and around pulling with my 50 horse at about half throttle for five minuets before it came loose. Donating anchors is part of the game when fishing the Big Chip. Haha.

Keith,

Thanks for buying my book. I know you will get a lot of usefull info to use on all your fishing trips. That info is pertenent on any lake. The deep wood can be a little tricky to see on the locator. In the case of the Chippewa Flowage, it is trees sunk by the flooding long ago. Believe it or not, a lot of trees are still standing way down in the deep. They look like tall spires on the locator. In, say 25 feet of water, you'll see a sharp spike come up quick to 18 feet, then back down again quick leaving just a sliver of a mark on the locator screen. That is a tree. Usually you'll see several marks like that together and most often they will tip at different depths. I've found some trees that come up from 25 feet to 9-10 feet, then drop right back to 25 feet then another spire right back up to say 18 feet then back down and so on. Some places there will be numerous trees. When you see that, trust that it is sunken wood. Some places, the trees are all broken off and only go 2-5 feet off the bottom. One such place is 20 feet deep with numerous broken tree stumps littering the bottom. The way to find out if it is wood- fish it. You will snag up often. When I fish the deep wood, I do loose a lot of jigs. The place I just mentioned, I call the jig eater. If you don't catch a fish, you loose the jig. Ask a lot of my clients over the years. I take them there often because it produces Walleyes so consistent. One other point to make is you often will see fish around the trees. Crappies and blugills lots of times will look like a cloud if there are a lot of them. The walleyes and other predator fish look like inverted hooks. Notice thier location to the trees. If they are over them, or on the sides of them they are active. Start fishing quick. If they are close to the bottom, they are usually nuetral and as my book explains, they are catchable using "the Walleyemaxx System". Email me, and I'll email you back a few places to find the deep wood. I'll even tell you how to find the jig eater. Good luck fishing. Oh and bring lots of jigs.

Walleyemaxx
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.