www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Heat wave muskies on Eagle?

Default Heat wave muskies on Eagle?

Hey guys, how's the fishin been the past week? We are heading up on Sunday and wanted to see if the Muskies have have been coming out to play in the heat the past few days. Looks like the weather is going to change early next week, rain and 20 degrees color. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to approach them after the water temp raised and then drops this time of year? Thanks, CRP

we were really worried about the weather but it appears the lake turned over well prior to the warm spell and we've had despite the 70-80 temps relativley stable weather. water temps have not really gone up just a spike to 59-60 by late day on surface when it's been calmer then drops thru the nite or with any wind to where it was around 57.i've seen it better but i've seen it worse with what we would consider to be better fall weather.to be honest it's been pleasent weather to fish in vs what we are typically accustomed to.
    so far this week with 20 in camp and several groups fishing walleyes and bass as well as of thurs zickerts got a 50.5,47,46.5,45,43,42, ed a 52,49.5,borecki 49,kickels 45,43,41.5,
    lasik 49,45,45,crockett 47,46,keith 45,scramuzzo 46,there's been some other 38-42" stuff and last 3 days at least one-two real good ones lost daily and i've missed a few here in my tally as this is off the top of my head.
    it's my thought there is not enough of a significant cool down coming at least enough to change much as far as presentations,locations,patterns,etc. at least for awhile. we're just fishing structure both rocks and weeds with everything from blades to rubber.we're hoping/looking for a good week next week as any drop in water temps should do nothing but stimulate activity more.we need some fall jumbos in the net!
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Thanks for the report Andy, We hope to stop by the camp while we are up Der

I mean Herbi...dahhh