www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fathead Minnow Fund?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Joining Muskies Inc

Log into "http://www.muskiesinc.org/" and sign up. You can print off a membership form or fill one out online.
    $35.00 for 1 year membership. $47.50 for 1 year family membership. Make sure you fill in Chapter Affiliation Choice Number as #16. Three Rivers Chapter.

Thanks,
    Ray J

Quote Originally Posted by ray j View Post
    Log into "http://www.muskiesinc.org/" and sign up. You can print off a membership form or fill one out online.
    $35.00 for 1 year membership. $47.50 for 1 year family membership. Make sure you fill in Chapter Affiliation Choice Number as #16. Three Rivers Chapter.

Thanks,
    Ray J
    Thanks Ray J

I just found out that the Three Rivers Chapter of MI will have Rob Brown (PFBC) at our December monthly meeting to discuss raising minnows and how the club can contribute.

Meetings are always the 2nd Monday of every month, so this meeting will be Monday, 12/12/11. Meetings start at 7:30 sharp. Meetings are at Northside Sportsmans Club in Warrendale/Cranberry, PA area. The December meeting is also always our Christmas party. It is the most well attended meeting of the year and will be plenty of food and drinks. Usually lures given to all the kids that attend. Last year my 2 yr old daughter got her first perchbait.

If you have an interest in helping contribute to our state's muskie stocking efforts, try to attend this meeting. You do not have to be a member of the club to attend the meetings either, but you can join at the meeting, if you like.

Adam Andresky

I joined up! I live pretty a good distance away so I do not know about meeting attendance. I made a small donation to the General Fund when I signed up.

Mike

Mike,

Glad you joined. Just so you know, that donation you made on your registration form will go to the international organization, not the Three Rivers Chapter. I usually try to make a donation to international also.

Any of the money that Three Rivers is donating to the PFBC is coming from our own fund raising efforts or grants that we, as a chapter, apply for.

Adam,
    Thanks for the information. Let me know when there are any fund raisers and the like going on at the Three Rivers Chapter. You can PM me here. I usually check in here daily.

Thanks

Mike

I can try to help out a little if you guys want me to. Maybe I can make up a nicer bait for the Butler Show as a "PA Baitfish Fundraiser" to be auctioned off to the highest bidder of the weekend? I bet I could have it on my table labeled as such and at the end of the weekends show I could give it to Harry to send out to the winner. I have helped raise $ in the past for NYS Muskies and would be more than happy to now extend that to PA if some of you guys are interested? I personally think its a wonderful thing to do and would like to know if there is any interest in doing this? If that wouldn't work out I would also be interested in sending a few baits down to maybe be auctioned off at your guys' next meeting to attempt to raise a couple of bucks for your guys' bait fish fund. Please comment if you think this is a good or bad idea? Thanks for your time. Zach Baker

Zach,

That sound great. It's nice that you would like to help out.

I think some of the things you are willing to contribute could be excellent ideas. However, since I am not on the Three Rivers Chapter board any longer, it will be best to get you in touch with either Joe Houck or Jim Burr.

I'll send you a private message. Get me your contact info. and I'll have one of those guys get in touch with you.

Adam Andresky

Sounds like a great gesture, Zach. If there is anything I can do to help get your lure(s) to the right person, just let me know. You are in good hands with Adam.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Adam- I feel I owe you a plug or two from last year anyways since baits have improved as I have changed a few things about them since last year. I sent out some baits to Jim Burr's house last night and they will arrive in time for your guys'
    next meeting on Monday. Jim and Todd Young have given me lots of " constructive feedback " on my baits and what improvements were needed to make them better since they spent sometime fishing with them this summer. I don't know the best way to raise the most money but maybe something like a ticket raffle would work? I am now thinking about a "fundraiser bait" for the Butler Show for you guys and I am more than happy to help in any way possible. Have a great meeting and hopefully at least a couple of bucks are raised, best luck with this project guys!