www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: NEBRASKA vs wisconsin

Default NEBRASKA vs wisconsin

I know that the site has been silent lately, no doubt because everyone is getting ready for the Saturday game between Nebraska and Wisconsin. We Nebraska fans are putting on our best black clothes so that the nation can see, on ESPN gameday, who has the best following. Jigging Walleyes and trolling for Muskies will have to take a back seat tomorrow evening and everyone at Franks will be in the store or at his house for the game. Frank is not going to back either team but he will hold all bets for a small percentage of the winnings. That could range from 25% to 50%.

Ok, by the way, my prediction is Nebraska 24 and Wisconsin 21.

Dick,
    Sorry but no way,as a Badger alumni I can assure you the score will be W 27,N 21.
    I'd bet on it but with this economy,I can't gamble nor piss away $$ like the government.

A Badger alumni, huh... I guess that explains a lot.

We both agree that it will be a low scoring game. Bo has actually been holding back special plays for today. Remember the last series of offensive plays that we ran during the Wyoming game? Ryan, you did not post a prediction for the game.

I'm afraid the Huskers are going to struggle against the Gophers if they play them.Michigan just squeaked by them today.58 to zero,close game.Thank god I'm no longer from Mn.!
    I know this is a fishing/football forum but the neighbor girl and I had another good morning.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dylan dream hunt R 1.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	14781

I'm not a gloater.Go fishing,get a big one,this too shall pass.

Ouch! We really got spanked for 3 quarters last night. So bad that I did not watch the second half. I will do as you say and go to Franks for my annual fall Muskie trip. The line counter reels/rods are ready with all the Jakes I can carry. I already have the flotation suit packed along with plenty of hand warmers.

I simply wanted the Huskers to stay within two scores and I would have been happy. WI is a pretty darn good team. If NE and WI were to play ten games,WI would win 9 of 'em. NE will lose two or three more games yet this year. Can't throw the ball, can't cover, can't tackle.

But these days, I'm more of a volleyball fan as it's more fun to watch. And NE had a good weekend in MI, winning agin both the Spartans and the Wolverines.

Anyways, my HH Alpha suit is warming up on the couch and I am tuning up the reels. Not long now.
    GO BIG RED!!

PS Good day Dick! Did you shoot any of those or is the girl doing all the work?
    GO BIG RED!!

The girl,I'm just a retriever.

Unhappy

That game was sickening to watch after half way through the second quarter, but despite turning the sound off in the 4th quarter I watched it to the end. There were certainly concerns after the first few games being a bit shakey, but at this point all I can say is that hopefully all the young players will learn and get better for next season, as there isn't much hope for this one. The wrong Taylor Martinez showed up in Madison. As long as there's a chance of that happening in any game, we are a complete coin flip on pretty much every game.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    The girl,I'm just a retriever.
    Oh okay. Got to earn your keep somehow.
    GO BIG RED!!

We made up for our mistakes against Wisconsin and had a victory against Ohio State this weekend. I am glad that our next opponent is Minnesota on the 22nd. It will give us time to fix all the injuries and enjoy the win.

DSmith:

We WI fans wanted NE to win to help strengthen our schedule... and even though we dislike the Buckeyes with a passion here in Wisco, I wanted them to help welcome the Huskers to the Big 10 as well. Good thing they didn't loose their QB or things may have not turned out so well for the Huskers/Badgers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    DSmith:

We WI fans wanted NE to win to help strengthen our schedule... and even though we dislike the Buckeyes with a passion here in Wisco, I wanted them to help welcome the Huskers to the Big 10 as well. Good thing they didn't loose their QB or things may have not turned out so well for the Huskers/Badgers.

Mark
    The Buckeyes' starting QB going down w/an injury turned the tide for the Huskers. The Huskers have kinda found themselves now BUT I still think both MI teams will beat them.
    GO BIG RED!!

I'm sure i'll regret this and it's really not my issue or business but Nebraska needs a new coach,not the existing village raving idiot.Loaded with talent,statewide support and tradition,he still finds a way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    I'm sure i'll regret this and it's really not my issue or business but Nebraska needs a new coach,not the existing village raving idiot.Loaded with talent,statewide support and tradition,he still finds a way to lose.
    I'm beginning to wonder the same thing.
    GO BIG RED!!

If you’ve seen nothing but sideline footage of Pelini, I can definitely understand how you could think that and feel that way. The guy certainly wears his emotions on his sleeve, and seems out of control on the sidelines. College Football is a lot about emotion and momentum, so in many ways I like him being very fired up about what is going on in the game, but I’d admit there are certainly moments where I see some of his reactions and just cringe. With the previous three husker coaches you could never tell whether we just scored the game winning touchdown, or were being blown out by our worst rivals, and while that never made me cringe, there were plenty of times that I felt like some emotion and fire could have helped turn around a game or two. I’ve also seen a few interviews and shows where I’ve seen a side of Pelini that I completely respect and like.

Ultimately, he has very high expectations placed on him, and very high expectations of his own. Those expectations are not being met, and this is a very young team, who has really hurt themselves with stupid mistakes. I can’t say as though if I was in his position that I wouldn’t be giving similar scolding to many players who should know better. I wish Pelini could moderate and control his emotions better than he does, but I don’t feel like failing to do so makes him a poor coach. Part of his job is his representation of the school and of the team, but as many people agree with you about his behavior and his standing as head coach, the only opinion that really matters on this is A.D. Tom Osborne. I think that the good things Pelini does outside of his outbursts far out weigh the impact of those negative perceptions. And honestly, he's actually gotten better at his control issues over the past couple years, and I just hope it continues, so the focus can be on the team.

Ryan

Sorry, to all those who certainly don't give a crap about this discussion on a LOTW fishing board.

Wizard you could be right,as an outsider i may see only the 'raving',not the 'reasoning'.Probably should have kept my mouth shut-but why break precedent?
    Off to the Land of Lincoln to shoot all Matts deer.

On the other hand,raving often is used to hide a lack of reasoning so.....

dpear,
    Speaking your opinion is certainly your right as an American, and not only that, but it is an opinion I value and respect greatly, on any subject. Pelini certainly has issues, I also know he doesn't give $0.02 about reporters and media types and has upset their tender hearts numerous time, and consequently many of them go out of their way to angle him poorly in their reporting of "the facts." In today's day and age, I'd rather have a guy coaching the Husker's that is a raving lunatic on the sidelines, but is a stand-up good guy and good coach otherwise, than a guy with a good image who's actually running either booster scams, sexual assault rings, or some other kind of crap that I see every other week coming to light.

Maybe I just have blinders on, but hopefully not. I'm sure he has plenty of other faults, but I still support him as our head coach.

Ryan

Good luck with shooting Matt's deer. In a year or two, I'm going to have to get you to come south to Huskerville and shoot some of our deer too. Need someone to show me how it is done.