www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: NEBRASKA vs wisconsin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    DSmith:

We WI fans wanted NE to win to help strengthen our schedule... and even though we dislike the Buckeyes with a passion here in Wisco, I wanted them to help welcome the Huskers to the Big 10 as well. Good thing they didn't loose their QB or things may have not turned out so well for the Huskers/Badgers.

Mark
    The Buckeyes' starting QB going down w/an injury turned the tide for the Huskers. The Huskers have kinda found themselves now BUT I still think both MI teams will beat them.
    GO BIG RED!!

I'm sure i'll regret this and it's really not my issue or business but Nebraska needs a new coach,not the existing village raving idiot.Loaded with talent,statewide support and tradition,he still finds a way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    I'm sure i'll regret this and it's really not my issue or business but Nebraska needs a new coach,not the existing village raving idiot.Loaded with talent,statewide support and tradition,he still finds a way to lose.
    I'm beginning to wonder the same thing.
    GO BIG RED!!

If you’ve seen nothing but sideline footage of Pelini, I can definitely understand how you could think that and feel that way. The guy certainly wears his emotions on his sleeve, and seems out of control on the sidelines. College Football is a lot about emotion and momentum, so in many ways I like him being very fired up about what is going on in the game, but I’d admit there are certainly moments where I see some of his reactions and just cringe. With the previous three husker coaches you could never tell whether we just scored the game winning touchdown, or were being blown out by our worst rivals, and while that never made me cringe, there were plenty of times that I felt like some emotion and fire could have helped turn around a game or two. I’ve also seen a few interviews and shows where I’ve seen a side of Pelini that I completely respect and like.

Ultimately, he has very high expectations placed on him, and very high expectations of his own. Those expectations are not being met, and this is a very young team, who has really hurt themselves with stupid mistakes. I can’t say as though if I was in his position that I wouldn’t be giving similar scolding to many players who should know better. I wish Pelini could moderate and control his emotions better than he does, but I don’t feel like failing to do so makes him a poor coach. Part of his job is his representation of the school and of the team, but as many people agree with you about his behavior and his standing as head coach, the only opinion that really matters on this is A.D. Tom Osborne. I think that the good things Pelini does outside of his outbursts far out weigh the impact of those negative perceptions. And honestly, he's actually gotten better at his control issues over the past couple years, and I just hope it continues, so the focus can be on the team.

Ryan

Sorry, to all those who certainly don't give a crap about this discussion on a LOTW fishing board.