Well we hit a week with a real strong cold front. (2 counting the one today). The walleyes seem to now know it is fall. Bite is getting a little slower, but we are also starting to catch more fish from the 18-24 inch range. As anyone out here knows, when you start to chase bigger fish, the bite gets a little more unpredictable.

We are still fishing the same areas from Crow Creek to the dam. Also a bite on Sharpe. Problem with Sharpe bite is that very low numbers, but nice fish. Most fish are keepers of you can get them to bite your line. This is what I have heard and experienced 1 day on Sharpe.

Francis Case still has huge numbers. Half to go through alot of fish to bag a limit. Very nice fish there also. One heck of a fishing season on Case. As I have said before the best fishing I have ever seen, with what looks to be a very good setup for next season. Catching fish in all year classes.

Here is my report for the week. 9/12 - 9/19/2011

On Monday (9/12) I had the 2nd day of a 2 day trip. Outstanding day both days with a group from Grand Island, NE. We caught 116 fish for the day with a really nice stringer. 242 fish for the trip, another excellent trip at Allen's.

On Tuesday I was a part of a Co-op group from Aspenwall, IA. My boat caught 108 fish for the day. The group as a whole (3 boats) caught over 600 fish in 2 days. What a company trip!!

On Wed and Thursday I had a group from Council Bluffs, IA. Wed was right before the cold front. Best day for fish and size I have had in a while. We caught 136 fish. We also caught between 30 and 35 fish from 15 to 21 inches. Does not get much better. On Thursday during cold front the bite got slower with a lot more work. Still ended up with a nice stringer of fish by noon. Caught 90 overall fish, but had to move around alot.

Friday off

Sat and Sunday I had a group out from Elmore, MN. Pretty slow, but really nice fish. Had to fish all day to catch 40 fish (16 keepers). Lots of fish from 17 to 21 inches in limit. Caught one Northern Pike in the 7-8 lb range. Sunday we had Pretty slow bite again. Caught 32 fish. Really nice stringer (16) with a 23 incher that we released that morning. MOst fish over 17 inches.

Monday I had a group out from Boyden, IA. First day in awhile with no wind. Got to move around alittle for a change. Our group caught 50 fish with a real nice stringer of 17 to 21 inch fish.

Next report will be in a couple weeks. I will be on the water almost every day. Also running bowling center, so I am juggling schedules. We expect fishing to be good well into fall and early winter. Last day on my guide books right now is November 11, but that could change with nice weather.

Should also be a good local bite in the fall, if you are thinking of booking a fishing trip to go along with your bird hunting.

Until next time
Mike Allen