www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Late fall fishing trip

Default Late fall fishing trip

I'm thinking of putting together a late fall fishing trip (Oct. 28th-30) on Lost Lake. I haven't musky fished that late in the fall and was wondering if it's too late for them or any other game fish? Also does anyone know when the DNR removes the dock at Lost Lake? I seem to recall they pulled them out shortly after the Musky Tournament in early October. Thanks in advance, Randy Price

Randy:

Certainly your Oct. date is not too late in the fall with good musky fishing going into November. That is not to say that late Oct. can't provide its share of weather heartaches... While not fishing muskies after Nov. 30th (closing date of musky season), I've had my boat in the water up here into December and fished on beautiful 40* days. I've also judged the inaugural PMTT championship here on the first weekend of October and seen 6" of snow fall!!! As for the musky fishing this year at that time... could be good, could be great, could stink!!!

Also the dock very well could be out, plan to have knee boots or hippers with to deal with that situation and perhaps a long bow line to get your boat on/off the trailer... Any other questions fire away... Otherwise good luck and be safe!!!

Mark

Thanks for the info. Mark! Regards, Randy