www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: night lights legal?

Default night lights legal?

Are crappie floating lights legal on the Chip? Thought they might work after dark over cribs as an attractor if legal. Also could you tell me how many rods a person can fish for crappie onthe chip. Or is it the number of hooks per line that they count? Can a person have 2 tube jigs on the same line. Thanks for the reply as I know I could find this info out in the regulations but it's always easier to have a guide tell us. Comung up 24 for a week. Thanks Norm

Hi Perazzi10,

Night lights are legal. I've fished with guys who use lights and the floating ones didn't work as well as the ones you hang about 5 feet off the water. The plus with the hanging lights is that they give you light to see. In the old days they just hung lanterns over the side of the boat. Nowadays they get fancy and rig up electric lights.

As for the number of lines. They count the hooks. You can use three hooks. If you put two tube jigs on a pole, you have two hooks. You can use one more. Baits with two or more sets of treble hooks are considered one hook. So if you were trolling, you could troll three poles with a crank bait on each. Trolling is NOT allowed on the Chippewa Flowage! I just used that as an example. So you can verticle jig with two tube jigs set at different depths on one rod and still use a bobber rod with one hook on it. Good luck fishing.

Walleyemaxx
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.