www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Jet Skis

Red face Jet Skis

Remember how we've had discussions on this board about jet skis? I've seen them on the TFF and guess that as long as they are respectful of others no big deal. However...let's just pray we don't get this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=xvKbEVNoA84
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Default Jet skis

George, I hope that the ones you saw are more prevalent than the ones that I saw.

A few years ago I saw some jetskis near Bonies Mound, ripping up the 'quiet area'. They stopped on a 'non-camping' island and set up. I can't remember if they camped or just had an extended picnic and rest stop.

What a pain in the butt. I haven't seen them since. I hope that I never do...

Hey Ruff!

I really haven't seen a lot of jet skis on the flowage. And I have to say most of those I have seen were having a good time and really not bothering anyone. Oh, there have been jerks to be sure, but I guess a jerk is going to be a jerk no matter if they're using a jet ski, boat, ATV or snowmobile...or car for that mattter!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Hey Ruff!

I really haven't seen a lot of jet skis on the flowage. And I have to say most of those I have seen were having a good time and really not bothering anyone. Oh, there have been jerks to be sure, but I guess a jerk is going to be a jerk no matter if they're using a jet ski, boat, ATV or snowmobile...or car for that mattter!
    George, I know, and I agree with you.

I hate to be a complainer, and I hate jetskis. So I fish the TFF, and figured I'm just safe by the nature of the Flowage. So seeing some really ripping up the 'quiet area' and disregarding camping rules....I was just worried it was a new trend that meant I wasn't safe from them anywhere.

In reality, I think that they are making the machines themselves to be more quiet. So they are a little less irritating, by design, now.

George,

How's the flag throwing going? Got back from are Sept trip 9th thru the 18th while we only hit the TFF for one day the first Sat. we were up there was a massive bloom going on and we didn't see a fish. We moved on to a certain body of water and the musky's were on fire the net was slimed many times but the funny thing is we didn't catch or see one northern during the whole trip!!!

Dave

Hey Dave!

Flag throwing has been pretty good. Not sure if the kids are better or my eyesight is worse. You weren't the only person complaining about the murky conditions. But, a not so good day on the flowage is still head and shoulders above a great day in most other places.
    George