www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF improvement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb TFF improvement

Hi all. I am looking for ideas on improving the Flowage. Some that are being acted on like the building and placing fish cribs. Another idea is a stocking program? Keep in mind almost everything needs DNR approval.

Default Bring back the log jams!

As long as you asked, I'd like to see some of the log jams rebuilt, heck, isn't there a lot of down timber yet from last years tornado? If they want to start small, start dumping timber in the bay just S/E of the powerlines, across from Donners.

I'm old school, give me a good reason to bring the cane poles back up.
    HRG
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00113[1].jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	14718

I would like them to move it to my back yard so I could fish every night after work, build a causeway or bridge from Springstead Landing to Fisherman's Landing to knock 20 miles off the drive to Mercer and points north, and come up with a poison, disease or parasite that only kills northerns in hopes that muskies would begin naturally reproducing.

Would love to see cabbage and lots of it. I am sure there was alot in the flowage at one time as well as some surrounding lakes before the rusty crayfish ate it.

What is interesting about the pike is they are not stunted. People think they are because a decent fish is rare. They actually have a pretty good growth rate. Problem is, their average life span is only 4 years. I am wondering if this is a strain or they developed into their own strain for some reason. Maybe, stocking pike to break up the strain may be the way to go? I know it sounds backwards but maybe turning them into something viable and worth fishing for put more pressure on them, especially during the winter months and controls their population better.

I agree with Todd. back in the day when I was a kid you used to get some nice Pike a small one was 18 inches and fat,now its a nice fish. Also get a size limit on the Eyes or some kind of slot limit. I know most don't want this but when I first started coming up there it was 16 inches and 5 per day. You rearly caught one less than 18 but that was then but i think it should be looked into. Just my 2 cents.

Win the improvement in fishing equipment and tactics, a slot makes good sense on walleyes and besides why not keep.some of those pike?

Default improvements?

I think it would be good if the DNR DIS-improved Fisherman's Landing, and eliminated about 40 campsites around the lake. Nothing like the DNR for making the remote and pristine, into another
    crowded fishery. The campfire smoke could kill an asthmatic on a still summer evening.

I attribute more of the walleye smallmouth ratio to increasing fishing pressure from the campers, than spearing.