www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 9-16-11

Default Fishing Report 9-16-11

Wow! The only word that sums up the fishing the last 2 weeks here at Cave Run.. So far I know of 10 fish at 50" to 51"! This has been one of the best years here for big fish in a while.. Fish have been showing up everywhere for over 3 weeks now.. It doesn't matter if the spot has weeds or not they are there and eating.. The weed growth is down this year due to the high water this past spring but we do have a quiet a bit out there and when you find them they are holding fish and big ones at that BUT don't feel like if your not on weeds you won't be catching because that's not the case at all.. The water temp has dropped due to this cold front that came through now it's 74-75 and the water clarity is perfect.. In fact it's almost getting to clear for me.. Baits really haven't changed in the last 3 weeks.. Meat and Potatoe blades is what I have been using they have a short bucktail with #10 blades that has flashabou on it that is awesome! 1 oz spinnerbaits are still catching several fish especially ones with flashabou skirts, along with Cowgirls as well.. Rubber is starting to get some bites as well Medussa, Bull Dawgs.. It's the time of year for a really big fish and different baits are going to shine on different days.. Stick with these and you will catch! We have a bunch of new lures in the shop right now make sure you stop and check them out! Custom Slowies coming in hopefully today.. Good Luck this weekend and I'll see you on the pond!
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

Man, Wednesday just can't seem to get hear fast enough !!!!!! These great reports are killin' me. Have a few new customs to try out a the lake, can't wait to see if the big ones like them.

Mark

Default Top water

Justin - Thanks for your updates. We were on the Cave yesterday (Sunday) and landed a 40" musky. She struck a top water in about 4' of water. What a rush! Also had a follow that made the 40" fish look small.

Congrats on the fish to start with! I'm glad the reports are helping you out some.. A lot of big fish moving now so no question you raised a big fish..

Good luck if you get back out make sure you stop in shop.. See you on the pond
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com