Another excellent fishing week has gone by.The only difference is we are hearing more and more good reports from Lake Sharpe. The West Bend area, Iron Nation, and Lower Brule. It is about timee for that lake to get back to normal.

Fishing on Francis Case is still excellent. Weekends are a little tougher with much more fishing traffic. The guides are catching 100 - 150 plus fish per day. The only difference is the catfish bite has slowed. Catching fish on Case from 7 to 25 feet depending on where you are fishing at. We are a live bait service (night crawlers have been best). Also people are catching fish pulling plugs.

Lake Sharpe depths are the same. Also heard of a good plug bite. Pretty sure the trusty bottom bouncer, spinner and crawler would work also.

Here is my report from Sept 5 - Sept 12.

Mon Sept 5th - off

Tues - Thurs I had a group out from lone rock and Fenton, IA. Excellent fishing all 3 days. Filled the first day (16 fish) by noon. Caught 120 fish. On Wed we caught 134 fish. Of those we caught 15 catfish. Day 3 we caught 77 fish on a short day. Best morning overall for keepers and size. Not a bad trip catching 330 - 335 fish. Does not get any better.

Friday - off

Sat I had a group out from Rapid City and Blackhawk, SD and Newcastle, Wy. Outstanding day of walleye fishing (maybe a little better than Pactola and Angustora Reservoirs). We caught 115-120 fish.

Sun and Monday I had a group from Grand Island, NE. We caught 126 fish. Limit (16) by 10:00 a.m. on MOnday. On Monday we caught 116 fish with a limit by 11:30 a.m. Really nice weather and really nice fish.

Pretty busy week on store. Weather supposed to be dicey for the next 2 days then by Friday it is supposed to clear up and warm up. Call us up to book a trip today.

Until next time
Mike Allen