www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: water temps

Default water temps

went out sundaytemp 73-77, bass were very slow. caught 17 bass all short fish and caught mid 40's muskie by accident on crankbait. muskie were feeding very aggressively, i must have seen 30 fish busting shad. muskie swam off in good health minus one tooth that was stuck in my bait!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0550.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	14703  
    Last edited by johndaboy; 09-12-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: add attachment

Nice fish. thanks for the post

IMHO it is still too warm to be handling muskies. When i catch one unexpectantly in warm weather and warm water I will remove bait with fish is in water, be sure fish is stable and induse slow release. I save the photo ops for cooler conditions.

just saying.

Water temps were 71-72 main lake as of yesterday.

had 2 bring him in anyway to get lure out of his mouth! hooked just inside mouth on top and bottom lip, and besides " I SAID HE SWAM OFF IN GOOD HEALTH"!!!!!!!!!

Based the the use of caps it appears you may be yelling at me as I may have offended you. It was not my intention to do so.

I stated my opinion.It is my practice not to take a fish out of water to remove a lure or photo op under warm weather/water conditions. I started fishing for skis almost 40 years ago. Long before Kinkaid, I've seen musky fisheries survive and fail.Education and common sense will prevail and keep fish healthy and growing for others.

I think you need to reread my post, chill out, or consider anger management counciling.

Be cool

Well, risking a pissing fight...we often talk about 80 degrees as a benchmark. No doubt in the Fall when surface temps fall just below 80 the water below the surface maybe significantly warmer. But yesterday I made my first intended muskie outing of the year. The water was 69/70 in the morning at sunrise and went to 74 before I was done. Because I fish by myself and I'm not that interested in a bunch of pictures, the two fish I caught were netted, but never left the water.

There is a serious design flaw in fish.
    The need for oxygen increases with
    increasing water temperature, but
    availability of oxygen decreases with
    increasing temperatures since the solubility
    of oxygen decreases when temperatures
    rise.

Surface temps below 80 aren't asignificant change as water temps 10-15 below surface are not going to change as quickly as surface temps. As posted bass fishing was slow. IMHO the reason is obvious.

theres no pissing match! I wasn't fishing for muskie in warm water, i was bass fishing . can't help were i hooked him, could have cut line with hooks in his mouth, then he would have died for sure! cap letters were " QUOTE" that fish was " RELEASED IN GOOD HEALTH MINUS A TOOTH" usually things get noticed when they are in quotations! "GOOD FISHING FOR ALL"!

Good fishing to you johndaboy. Hope to meet you some day late fall.