www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend photos

Default Weekend photos

Not much to report on the fishing front this weekend. Flat calm conditions and cloudless skies had everybody I talked to scratching their heads. I landed one half an hour after launching Friday morning, and didn't see another musky all weekend. Even the bass and northerns weren't very aggressive. This morning, I had to pull out the ultralight and jig one of the Baraboo cribs for a perch and a rock bass just so I could head home without being skunked for the day. On the bright side, I found some cooperative animals and did manage to post some nice pictures. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a good shot of the skunk that was digging outside my bedroom window around midnight last night. Turns out that a flash doesn't work well through a window screen, but discretion being the better part of valor, I decided walking out on the deck was probably not a wise idea.

Water is down about 2.5' - the gauge stick at Springtead Landing is tipped a little so I couldn't get an accurate reading. Surface temperature was 67 in the mornings, but warmed to 75 in the afternoons. There's still a heavy algae bloom, and visibility is poor. Starting to see some weeds breaking down and floating around. Other than a few maples, things around the TFF are still pretty green. Away from the water, the first hints of fall are apparent, especially in the area from Winter to Ladysmith, which always seems to peak early.

I'd say there's some irony with that skunk being outside of your window.

Nice running into you at the river the other day. My round-2 interview will be sometime next week!!!

Likewise, the fishing was terrible 40 miles southeast......
    Andrew

I had the same thought. Good luck, from what I've seen of it, they would benefit from your talents.

Thank you.
    Andrew