Fishing has still been excellent. Lots of fishing pressure over Labor Day slowed the bite a little, but it is back in full swing again. Still Fishing Crow Creek to the Dam. Heard of reports of limits at Kiowa, around Chamberlain and Carpenter area. Also have heard of a decent bite in the West Bend area. We have not fished it because of our excellent bite on Case. Yesterday we had 6 boats out 4 limitted by noon and 2 at 1:00 (16 keepers). Fish are still running in the 15 to 21 inch range. Catching 100 plus fish per day with a solid catfish bite on the side.

Here is my report for Aug 29th to May 5th.

Aug 29 (Mon). I had a group out from Manning and Manilla, IA. Excellent day with nice fish. We caught between 95-100 fish. Also brought in 22 catfish.

Tuesday and Wed I had a group out from Harlan, IA. Both days we quit fishing around 11 to noon. Tuesday we caught 75 fish with 22 catfish. On Wed we caught 50 fish, also went catfishing for 30 minutes and caught 5. Another excellent outing. Will see you next year.

Thursday and Friday I had a group out from Sioux Falls, SD area. Thursday we caught 100 fish. Included in the limit was 10 white bass and 10 catfish. Friday was an adventure, played chicken with a deer. The deer lost, and so did my suburban. Had to hitch a ride to get another vehicle. Still went out and caught a dandy limit of walleyes. Caught 85 fish on Friday.

Saturday was a little tougher for me. First non fill day since June. Winds blew 30-35 mph and it was cool. To keep my customers comfortable I stayed out of the wind. They were troopers and still put in a full day. Still had an excellent day. Caught 60 fish total. Brought in 8 walleyes, 7 catfish, and a couple bass. The father and 2 sons from Sioux Falls, SD and Des Moines, IA had an excellent time. Look forward to fishing with them again next year.

Sunday I had a group out from Lisle, IL. They normally come out hunting and had to try a little walleye fishing. A little slower in the morning. We moved away from the fishing pressure and found a dandy school of walleyes. We caught 125 fish total. Also caught a 4 lb smally (biggest one ever out of my boat) Brought in around 10 catfish. Outstanding fishing day.

Until next time
Mike Allen